Thinkkkker
BMWs since 1977
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 X5M Silverstone

Cool Its the process of elimination

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpcar View Post
Seriously how do I even go about going after Costco for the performance loss, loss of time taking the car to the dealers having to drive the loaner.

I still use Costco gas in my 911 and the Cayenne, both cars runs fine. Heck once in awhile I would use Costco in the Ferrari.

Maybe it has to do with the direct injection?

I've used fuel injector cleaners when I was having injector issue but not recently. Sort scared about upsetting the system.
MRP you dont "go after Costco." You eliminate Costco if you can as the suspect cause of the fouling (by not replicating the issue with another S63 using gas from THAT store). Then its a dealer issue. A Fortiori. Literally "the thing speaks for itself." If you do replicate the issue with another S63 which hasn't had this issue before then it is the Costco fuel/fuel tank at THAT store. Likely a dirty tank if it happens to your rig every time. If it happens just once in a while it may have been a bad load of gas but it doesn't appear that many of us have had this problem using Costco fuel. Its the process of elimination that takes you to the next step. You have to eliminate causes, the easiest being the fuel at THAT store. If you cant do that then Costco will listen. Go directly to the store manager and show him this blog. They are reasonable guys and very consumer conscious. But do first things first. Good luck bro.
Appreciate 0