View Single Post
      12-03-2012, 11:05 AM   #10
ndabunka
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 35d Sport Black/Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiofrequency View Post
After much consideration and research, I purchased Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow this winter. This is a non RFT tire. I live at 6 700 feet and while our snow has been limited this year, we had 2 feet during a storm a few weeks ago. I drove my X5 everywhere, up to about 8 800 feet on snow packed roads, at speeds up to 65 miles per hour. The vehicle performed beautifully, with a great deal of traction (though you are never going to beat the laws of physics, and I am an experienced driver in bad weather and snow). I have used Blizzak's for years, but decided to go with a tire that would last longer (based on the reviews). I rate this tire 9/10, while Blizzak's are at 7.7/10 (for me). Hope this helps with your decision.

PS: I carry one of these in my trunk in case of emergency (Conti Tire Comfort Kit):

http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/detail.jsp?ID=38
Interesting to hear that you rate the WINTER Pirelli over the Blizzacks but since the list of potential tires were ONLY ALL-SEASON tires, it leaves an impression that he is not seeking WINTER TIREs but rather implies that he wanted feedback on an All Season tire, right?
Appreciate 0