m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaudir8fan View Post
no need for a extra battery
tap the constant 12v power from the rear fuse box by the passenger side taillight, the switched 12v came from the power outlet in the trunk
the front camera is mounted to the left side of the rear view mirror, the rear camera is on the center right underneath the 3rd brake light
the rear wire can be tucked into the trim around the tailgate and there is a rubber cable pass through at corner for the tailgate's wires that leads into the D pillar, you job will be much easier with the D pillar trim removed
I usually don't have the power magic pro on, but I usually leave it to switch off when the battery is below a certain voltage. configure it to whatever you are comfortable with
When you use the power magic pro, the car will give excessive battery drain warning after, but i never had a issue where the car won't start
I've got the Blackvue 650 and I bought the Power Magic Pro because I thought that'd help prevent the battery warnings Nevertheless, I've already got the drivers side kickpanel out since I recently installed remote start and have yet to finish running the antenna for the remote start. Seeing that the camera length might interfere with mirror adjustment, is there any reason why you didn't install it more towards the passenger side so it can be less visible from the drivers seat? Did you run the wires down the drivers side or passenger side of the car and do you have pics of where you connected/tapped the power signal for the Power Magic box?
Appreciate 0