igorbmwx6
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 328i F30

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EatMyDust View Post
3 weeks? Four times? Still not fixed? I would be ticked off too.

I just got a call from Sonnen -- issue is more complicated, still diagnosing, we'll get back to you tomorrow. Said he got me a loaner because he figured it was going to take some time to figure out. That, and based on what you report, has me pretty concerned. Last thing I need is to be flying over Waldo Grade ... or sitting in the left lane on the GG Bridge ... and lose the ability to control the car. I was thinking this was some issue with the DCT tranny on the 1-series, but given that it happened on an X6 it sounds like its a much bigger problem and -- based on my guy saying he knew immediately that it would take some time to address -- one that it seems BMW is pretty familiar with ...
I think you may be correct on this one. Most likely BMW does know about this issue and know that it is not simple to fix. Even though, when it happened to me the 1s time, I took it in, they reset transmission memory to it's factory default settings, gave it back to me and said it should not happen again. Then same fault appeared three more times withing two weeks. My biggest concern about all this is that I am loosing safety feeling when I am behind the wheel of my X6 beast and this is no good, because I like to drive it "like i stole it"
Appreciate 0