igorbmwx6
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 328i F30

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EatMyDust View Post
This ever recur for you? Same thing just happened to me in my 135i, at around 4900 on the odometer. I was on 101 as well -- maybe its the freeway.

Pulled off the road, shut it down, restarted and seemed to drive OK after that. Its at Sonnen now and I am expecting them to come back with the same looks ok, bring it in if it happens again response. Just wondering how yours has been holding up.
Well, same "transmission malfunction" fault re-appeared for me four times now, in less than two weeks. Last one was very dangerous situation, maybe even life threatening. Going on 101 North, maybe it is a freeway issue , at approximately 65 miles/hr, in left-most lane, with tons of cars in front of me and tons in the back, going between 75-100 mph, suddenly i see this "transmission malfunction" error as well as my car's wheels are completely disconnected from the engine. Basically, it feels like car was switched into neutral gear and there is no control over it, other than brakes and steering wheel. Luckily, I was able to manage to get it into the "emergency lane" and halt it to a complete stop. Shot off the engine, restarted and all is back to normal. Continued on to Peter Pan BMW, where the car has now been for almost three weeks now. Was told that now stability control unit needs to be re-programmed and it will take time to get it back. Will let you know what I hear back from them and what the real issue is here
Appreciate 0