06-09-2013, 11:12 PM   #39
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by APLINE_997 View Post
Subjective comment at best.

Cheapens? Next we can talk about how someone putting on Continental Tires cheapens the SUV too?

BMW went from Yellowish lights in the Angel Eyes to their current lineup they went with LED Angel Eyes so does that cheapen them? Since this was the look everyone wanted before the LED AE's were 'stock' in the cars/suv's.

It's all personal taste. I put LED DRL's on my X5 recently. I have yet to meet someone who has seen them to say they look cheap. Believe me I have some overly honest friends. Car nuts to the core and BMW enthusiasts to the bone. If we put something on we don't like someone will say something.

It doesn't mean we will change what we put on but we will have to hear it.

To each their own.
Indeed quite subjective. I agree with you. I, such as many fellow BMW owners, can very easily spot what came stock from the factory vs. what was added aftermarket. Personally, many aftermarket parts I feel cheapen the look of the vehicle. I am a big OEM fan, and unless I can replicate the OEM look (such as retrofitting the LCI LED coronas), I will not perform the modification. When I see a BMW coming down the street with obvious aftermarket lights, I associate it with a cheapened look. I understand the need to "stand out" since our vehicles are quite common, but let's not do it at the expensive of "modding for the sake of modding".
Appreciate 0