Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 650xi Gran Coupe Msport

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jajo View Post
Thanks to everyone for the comments so far.

I have already priced out Continental DWS, and they would run $1000, which I thought was pretty cheap considering the width of the rears.

I guess in the end, I have three main concerns.

Gas mileage is terrible, it might be too powerful (I won't be the one driving), and something big is bound to come up eventually with repairs.

All these thoughts run through my mind, and when I drive by the dealership, all those thoughts disappear. I have never seen an SUV so intimidating, so beautiful. The closest would be the Cayenne GTS or Turbo.
Only you can decide whether the cost of ownership is it worth it to you. As far as mileage - it isn't much different than the 50i, assuming a good mix of highway driving. If you are all city I am sure it is abysmal. As far as the too powerful - drive one. It is really very sedate until you decide you don't want it to be sedate any more. Until you engage M mode, it aggressively seeks the higher gear, so your RPMs stay pretty low. Unless you mash the pedal, you would have no idea there are 550 horses lurking under the hood.
Appreciate 0