View Single Post
      10-11-2019, 01:27 PM   #88
heatmizr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 50i M-Sport

Same here.
I gladly spent extra to get a cherry example CPO (26k mi) that had most options. I STILL enjoy climbing into it 4+ yrs later. I think the V8 is a big part of that

I've done a few maintenance items myself, and have been lucky with BMW covering 98% of all other work under warranty, or the BANG settlement. There were a couple big hit items in there too... With the valve stem seal job done, I am hoping to be good for a while.

It is slightly bulky in the normal daily commute, but honestly you can drive anything above 25% of its potential in traffic anyway.
But oh my, interstate roads trips are where this thing shines! Comfort, great sound system, and gobs of mile-eating power.
And though I had originally dismissed the voice control feature as completely useless, I have re-discovered it and am finding it very useful for bringing up an artist in my insanely long USB music list... rather than spinning the iDrive controller endlessly every time the kids want to hear something. A nice little bonus that I hadn't been using.
e90 328i - sold
e36 M3 - Gone to become a track star
Appreciate 0