View Single Post
      04-07-2015, 01:13 PM   #12
mhkm
The Doctor
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i; 2013 E70 X5M

Quote:
It just for safety, i didn't Battery Stabilizer.

It will be done within 15-20 minutes.
This is not my experience... my "read" took 80 minutes and I did not use any stabilizer or charger, but I do have a new 2013 with only 2000 miles on it and a fully charged battery. Near the end of the read, I got the "battery discharge" warning but it completed OK.

Quote:
Your mileage can vary on this. I did my post-N63 base map extract on a brand new, fully charged battery, without the stabilizer, and it threw low battery warnings about 2/3 of the way in. The extract finished, but my blood pressure was a bit on the high side by the end.
What he said....

Quote:
Per Omar, writing takes a fair bit more power than reading, so the stabilizer is key on the write.
I don't know about this... when I installed my Evolve tune on the 335, the read took 75 minutes, whereas the write only took 20 minutes... so if this is true, I would definitely recommend connect a stabilizer / charger to the battery.