View Single Post
      01-04-2012, 11:23 AM   #18
Michael_s
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 991 C4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_s View Post
Over the weekend I got the "low battery warning" when filling up with gas, accessory on, engine off and this AM I got the "increased battery discharge" message. They must be related. I drive 40 miles per day so lack of use will not be an acceptable reason.

I have an appointment for Jan 14th to perform the water pump recall so hopefully it can wait. I have a battery tender that I will plug in a few nights a week to keep battery in decent shape. Car seemed a little slow to start this AM.....
Car is currently at BMW. Battery was dying fast and barely started this AM. Battery only at 30% charge. I was thinking that the parking guys might have left the accessories on when they parked the car (NYC) killing the battery but this started to happen over the holidays when I was driving the car (a lot) and always locked the car never left the accessory or ignition on. During this time I was not in the City nor did I valet the car.

They are working on a diagnosis of the battery drain. Glad I brought it in as another day or so it would have required a tow...... I will update.
Appreciate 0