View Single Post
      02-11-2021, 02:52 PM   #4
RL18
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d sport

I loved my m57 powered 335d so much that I actually bought an m57 powered x5.

The bad issues are pretty subjective. Some people don't maintain their diesel as they should or cut corners. You can't do that with these or any diesel for that matter. There are some fairly common issues, which every modern diesel with emissions equipment is plagued by, but with deletes you get rid of a lot of common issues. From there you just deal with common e70 issues/bmw issues.

As far as my e70 goes, I learned from having my 335d. When I got my x5 I immediately did an oil change, oil filter, fuel filter change and starting using my additives. Tuned the transmission with xhp and also did xdelete (I run in sport mode). Got rid of the factory intake system and made a custom setup. From there I also completely refreshed/upgraded the vacuum system, all EUVs, all pressure converters. I deleted the egr cooler with a egr race pipe and deleted the swirl flaps. I also changed the water pump, thermostat, Harmonic dampener, and changed the belts. Serviced the transmission.

I bought my x5d at 89k and now I'm all 111k and it runs awesome. Plenty of power. Very comfortable. Great fuel mileage. And easily my favorite vehicle I've ever owned and it's not even deleted yet
Nyc Dito112.50