View Single Post
      02-25-2020, 02:12 PM   #38
pearlpower
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipsniperr View Post
After reading reviews about this stuff on BMW forums it seems pretty credible so I have decided to buy some. I will keep you guys updated. As much as I hate putting a bandaid on something like this, It may be a easy answer to a $4-9k repair.

I was also curious - What kind of oil do you suggest running for my high mileage x5m? 130k - was thinking maybe 5w30 to thin of a viscosity for these hot ass running cars. I have ran almost 10-40 in all my bmws v8s and noticed incredibly quieter engine bay noise, and it also leaks less pass seals due to the thickness of the viscosity.
I only run 5w-30 Liqui Moly in all of my vehicles regardless of miles. I live in the hotter portion of So Cal. I also change my oil more frequently than what BMW recommends. Regarding the AT-205, you might need two bottles. It took around 800 miles or so for the smoke to completely go away. After two oil changes (4 bottles total), I was able to go without any AT-205 for a few oil changes, then would add one bottle every other OCI, your results might vary. I also had a 4.4 with 196k miles and it smoked, AT-205 also stopped the smoke in that vehicle. I sold it with 2 extra bottles for the new owner.
Appreciate 1