United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rennis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigor911 View Post
Thank you for the input!
you're welcome. I was thinking about this thread when I was driving this morning and I will say that if anything, my feeling about the H&Rs is they feel almost too stock. I actually wish they were firmer, as I'm used to my lowered vehicles feeling much stiffer. They should have increased the spring rates, if you ask me.

If you want a drop with OEM feel and handling, these are great. If you're looking for a stiffer feel and less body roll, coilovers are the way to go. Just really hard to justify removing the air suspension and override the adaptive drive for coilovers if you ask me.
So, it seams getting rear right is key. Interesting to note: AC Schnitzer has lowering kits for x6, and they make different springs for v6 and v8 models (different weight - so makes sense). But they do not supply rear links - per their installation instructions, rear lowered by coding only. Their kit drops car by 30mm.

H&R has the same kit for v6 and v8 models. V8 owners report that the drop is more than advertised 1.2 inch - more like 1.5-1.8 inch which is 38-45mm.

So, coding is a must, but do I need rear links? And how adjust them if rear gets bouncy? Any suggestions? Thanks
Appreciate 0