View Single Post
      11-18-2017, 11:29 AM   #10
shark715
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 X5 50i, '16 M235xi vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandref321 View Post
OP, the loaner/shuttle stuff is normal for BMW in my experience. I've gone through 5 different dealerships in different states and they 1) take way longer than they initially say since they are always packed with broken vehicles 2) Rarely have loaner vehicles 3) The shuttle never arrives/leaves on time for you to get to work on time.

I've recently learned that it all depends on your relationship with BMW and the service advisor. If you spend a lot of money at the dealer and you are really friendly with your service advisor then they will ensure you get the loaner. My SA has actually gone and taken someone else's reserved loaner for me before...timing comes into play also so show up at 630am when they open.
I appreciate that we are just another customer to this dealer as the only time they have seen us is for warranty work and recalls.

We understand that loaner cars may not be readily available, and we were not looking for anything special, just responding to the recall letter from BMW.

Our complaint was that when we called to make an appointment as BMW's letter asked us to, we were told this was a 90 minute repair, so just waiting for it was an alternative. We were told the same thing when we dropped off the car.

Just find it impossible to believe that by now any BMW Service Advisor would not be intimately familiar with how much time the airbag replacements take.
Appreciate 0