View Single Post
      11-18-2017, 10:57 AM   #9
jandref321
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatmizr View Post
I am wondering the same thing. Is it just random due to parts supply what make airbag goes in at the factory?
I just got mine replaced with the recall and it was DRIVER side only.

And yes, my tech also told me that the passenger takes much much longer due to dash removal.
It's only certain vehicles that have the passenger airbag recall...same reason as the driver side, for exploding inflators throwing shrapnel in people's faces when in a front end collision. When I called the dealer they said it may take up to two days due to labor of removing the dash like everyone said.

OP, the loaner/shuttle stuff is normal for BMW in my experience. I've gone through 5 different dealerships in different states and they 1) take way longer than they initially say since they are always packed with broken vehicles 2) Rarely have loaner vehicles 3) The shuttle never arrives/leaves on time for you to get to work on time.

I've recently learned that it all depends on your relationship with BMW and the service advisor. If you spend a lot of money at the dealer and you are really friendly with your service advisor then they will ensure you get the loaner. My SA has actually gone and taken someone else's reserved loaner for me before...timing comes into play also so show up at 630am when they open.

2020 G01 X3 30e CURRENT M Sport Package
2019 Ford Raptor SuperCrew CURRENT 802A, KN Drop-in, RB Flaps, Husky Well Liners
2012 E70 X5M SOLD Stg 1+ Turbos, DPs, Velos Stg 2+, JB4, Race Cats, Bavauto Coils
2003 E46 M3 SOLD aFe CAI, AP Axleback, SSK, H&R Springs, TMS CMBR Arms, PF RTABs
Appreciate 0