View Single Post
      04-19-2012, 11:33 AM   #55
evanevery
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: iXM60, i8 Rdstr, M4, i7 M70

I did confirm with my dealer that the Options listed on the internal BMW production site match my order options. (Thanks for the heads up!) The dealer has access to more timely info using their system than we do with the online status. (IMHO - Its pretty useless if the "track your BMW" web option only becomes effective AFTER the build is completed...)

In any case, the 5DK TopView camera option ordered on my build appears to be in place. So it doesn't look like some sort of option change/delete on the 2013's. The Official BMW Configurator went live last night and that option also shows up on their build page. Its also interesting to note that the 21" wheel options are now back. (We could not find that on the dealer options list when I ordered my car back in Feb - I'm checking if I can get that updated at this point).

Anyway, I would be taking a critical look at your dealer. Aren't they also the ones who told you there was no EPA/CARB hold on our vehicles (just the M3/M5)? Apparently (according to two sources inside BMW), all new vehicles have an EPA/CARB hold each and every model year. It sounds like they may not be accurately transmitting info - in either direction. Do you have paperwork showing the camera was in your original order?

What are your options? Can they rework the car or would it require a new build? What does BMW say? Is your dealer standing behind you?
Appreciate 0