01-21-2010, 10:22 AM   #6
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by LANDLORD View Post
No thanks. In my opinion there is not much to gain by modfying the X6M. The exhaust system is large diameter and efficient. I admit you could possibly improve the sound, but at what detriment to the factory engineering of the engine systems. The boost can be raised, especially on the M because it is reduced to 18 psi. due to the more efficient exhaust manifold and turbos. But, you had better have the fuel curve mapped exactly to avoid detonation with these high boost levels. This is a trial and error process to be sure, and you risk some damage in the process.

There is the warranty issue also. The warranty on your vehicle is barely a few months old. It is sure to be voided by any modifications, so I would think very carefully about why you want to do this. What if BMW improves the vehicle in the next few years such as with the 8 speed transmission, you would like to trade it in for an upgrade, and no dealer will touch it because it has been modified?

Of course, if it is chump change, then by all means, go for the gusto!!!
Yes voids the warranty but as LL states if not issue then go for it.
I would be curious to see the pics so I can see the scoops and how they are placed.
Appreciate 0