Pastecchi
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M2

Garage List
2021 BMW X5MC  [10.00]
2023 BMW M2  [10.00]
Third Party Service Contracts

Hello All,

I know I commented on a previous thread with the below; however, there are some more details and all advice would be appreciated.

I am purchasing a 2010 X5M with 37,750 miles - out of warranty - and wanted to inquire if anyone has advice regarding current service contracts that are available and/or your experience with such.

Endurance.com has a exclusionary plan; however, they only cover 'breakdowns' full failure of a part and only pay the national labor rates which are in most cases lower than any BMW Service Department. They are offering a 3 year/22,500 mile extension.

Warranty Direct offers a exclusionary plan as well, for a bit more money, matches the posted labor rate, and covers wear and tear; however, has a HORRIBLE online user reviews rating, which is causing some major hesitation.

Direct options from Dealers include: WarrantySolutions and EasyCare which are both almost double the price of the Endurance/Warranty Direct options and are both INCLUSIVE warranty's which also causes concern.

Triple AAA through Autoguard wants over $6k for their exclusionary plan.

CarChex quoted $3,399.00 for a 3yr/30k. They also pay the national labor rate and have a bunch of exclusions.

I thought I had my mind made up on one; but now with so many pros and cons to each, I'm not so sure anymore.

Any real experience or advice regarding any of the above plans or ones not listed would be really appreciated!

Thank you all!
Appreciate 0