09-11-2009, 03:58 PM   #7
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Some are road worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
I have researched the stories and most of the time it is a warranty dispute between BMW and Dinan, not an issue with a Dinan part failing. And this is my point if they made an agreement then the issues goes away and the customer gets the best of both worlds. I don't think it would be hard to get Dinan to agree to install BMW approved packages, sure he would like the extra business.
You make a good point dmlg. Has Dinan received some kind of factory recognition, and is he a factory recognized warranty repair facility? He should own a BMW franchise?

It's interesting that US manufactures have made huge profits from selling aftermarket performance parts, but you don't really see that from the European manufactures, which puzzled me. This leaves the development and resulting profits strictly to the niche marketers, such as Dinan.

But this is hugely expensive for niche marketers, who lack serious resources (except for maybe racing) to bring products to the market. It seems Dinan is really the only one to mount a successful effort in this regard. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that BMW recognizes that both BMW and the niche marketers would increase their profits if BMW lead the way with aftermarket product development.
Appreciate 0