View Single Post
      11-30-2017, 12:15 PM   #14
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

That I'm not sure...a flash and that kind of piggy back try to accomplish the same thing. The JB4 adds atop whatever the tune is already. For example:
- Map 1 adds 4psi above the "stock" tune...stock might command 8psi and then JB4 will fool the ECU into thinking it's only commanding 4psi, the ECU will then add another 4psi, so then I'd actually be pushing 12psi. Now let's say I'm running a flash, so the tune might command 12psi now, the JB4 will fool the ECU into thinking it's only commanding 8psi, it'll add another 4psi so then I'd be pushing 16psi.
- Map 6 is customizable. I can command up to 21psi without getting an overboost code, I'll see 21psi of boost on the gauge, yet the ECU PSI stil only shows like 12ish. As cool as the JB4 is, all this trickery is why a flash is better than a piggyback, but I haven't seen anyone with a flash that'll get to the psi a JB4 will command.

I got the meth setup installed, I bought a little meth >:-) and then discovered my FSB was broken outta the box. Between waiting for the replacement, the GF's engine seized in her 535xiT due to a failed injector flooding cylinder 1, so long story short, it took about 6 weeks for me to get a good engine into her car and she was driving the X5M during that time. It's basically winter now, so meth injection isn't really necessary but I still plan on getting it going after the holidays so that I can at least run water for it's carbon cleaning and see how it feels.
Attached Images

Last edited by m5james; 11-30-2017 at 12:23 PM..
Appreciate 0