01-05-2010, 09:17 PM   #39
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320what View Post
i agree. it's a totally pointless car built in totally different life, when we "trusted banks" as he puts it. I think there is no arguing that this car is a testament to excess and consumerism. But is it awful? Not really, it's a funky looking truck that finds its own group of buyers with big bucks. Good on BMW for marketing idea.

Its a fun car to drive fast and impressive for SUV but it's not really an SUV is it. I'm waiting when he will review the X6M. That would be interesting.

on a side note - whoa, the fanboys of BMW are getting mad for just a review. Why you care so much what JC thinks anyway. You voted with your wallet. Don't have to force others to like the car you do.

I buy cars that I like and don't care if others like them and that's ok. Everyone's different and that's ok. There's just something about JC that rubs me the wrong way, maybe the pompous attitude or his relentless bias against BMW while purporting to do "objective reviews".

on another note your right it's not an suv , it's a big heavy sporty AWD thing. but for some reason it keeps getting compared to 4x4's.
I've worked hard and I'm at a point in my life where I can indulge myself, it doesn't have to be practical (whatever that is).

As for the X6M review I'm sure he will complain it rides to hard and doesn't slip enough when going 130 mph through a 90 degree turn. wonder what he will use to compare it with, last time I checked a rover can't do that and stay upright.
Appreciate 0