View Single Post
      03-08-2016, 11:02 AM   #7
Bilbofraggins
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6M, 2019 X3 M40I

Injectors/Timing Chain - 2013 X6M

On another thread I indicated that my vehicle went into have the injectors looked at ref the recall. One bank had already had the latest type installed...but the other side did not. They were changed under warranty.

Mech noted while in the shop for the injectors that the PCV cross over tube was chaffed (seems a pretty common problem). Parts were ordered, work to be completed on my next visit in a month as we live a ways-away. Well after a few days the beast developed rough running at start up and a check engine light followed - which I determined was a P112F code. So vehicle was collected by BMW a week ago to be repaired.

While in for the rough start (which was found to be the result of the cross over tube), the mech noted a rattle, that he thought was coming from the timing chain.

BMW authorised the repair of the belt tensioner as a first step...which the dealer has undertaken. So no new timing chain(s) needed. Pity as the tensioner is an exterior bolt on component (one hour labor) while the chain themselves is a "40 hour job (the engine has to come out of the vehicle)".

Pick-up vehicle tomorrow.

Now that I know that about the timing chain or chains...hopefully they never need doing....I have 43,000 miles...69,000 KM. Extended warranty till Nov 18 thank goodness.

Anyone ever replaced the timing chains on the X6M?
Appreciate 0