View Single Post
      10-08-2011, 11:22 PM   #4
somonster
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: honda, bmw

the x6 xd35i is no slouch on curves and i've never wanted more power during merges / passing. however, if you want something as "quick" as a 335i you're probably better off with the v8.

SOUND: i agree with doug about the exhaust note. induction, exhaust, and engine sounds are quite disappointing on my x6 35i, but it's a commuter car. i have other toys for "weekends."

STEERING: i do NOT have active steering (in the US is bundled with the active suspension, which i didn't want because of ride stiffness / weight / complexity concerns, so i just got the Sport Activity Pkg for the nice 20" snowflake wheels).
slow steering ratio, fairly high effort at low speeds makes parking much more of a chore than on my other cars.
If i could do it again, I'd probably get the Sport Pkg + active steering.

FUEL ECON: with my 6-cylinder, i only get about 12-14mpg in short stop-and-go driving (more freeway gets me up to 17 tops).

VENTILATED SEATS: cooling is kinda weak and disappointing, with intrusive fan noise on "HI." This is my least favorite option, but I'd still probably order it again.

that said, all x6s are nice cars (but so is the range rover).

happy shopping!

Last edited by somonster; 10-08-2011 at 11:33 PM..
Appreciate 0