Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Saloon

Garage List
2011 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
I ordered mine without it. Biggest waste of money and makes the dash cluttered. I had a Garmin hardwired in the drivers lower corner of the windshield for under $200. Actually wired it myself as I was an installer for a car audio shop for years during college with bmw and Mercedes dealer contracts to do all their aftermarket stuff. I have every other option on my car except steering assist and auto. I had to order mine specifically without it and wait a month because there were no convertible 335 with manual trans without the idrive for sale in the whole country. Pita. Gives you no worthwhile features except nav for 50 times more than buying a Garmin or better yet for $20 a mount for your galaxy. Yes I've driven ones with it. It's clunky, yes even the current one, and pretty useless. But yes, you can do it if you must. I get tire pressures etc through the gauge cluster, ipod through radio. Not missing anything. And yes I have comfort access etc. Just my take on idrive. I apologize for trolling but for years I just shake my head everything I see one.
+1
Appreciate 0