View Single Post
      05-05-2016, 02:11 PM   #11
LeoBurr
6MT Fanatic
Rep
Drives: 20 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklynjoker View Post
DAMMIT, now I gotta spend more money. Your x5 must feel amazing, I'm kinda bored with my setup already
BMS stage1 juicebox, BMS intake, sprint booster throttle control. Congrats on your setup?.

question:
-does it have to be dyno'd or Cobb has maps for us already?
- how long did you wait for the Cobb, noticed the site is saying its on back order
-can boost be controlled thru the Cobb?

Thanks
1) The lower line IS the Cobb OTS map for the N55. Stock would be even lower. Pro Tuning Freaks and Cobb can both have you do logs and send them in for tunes, though a dyno tune is a bit quicker and can yield a better tune.
2) They had it in stock. Look on the 1/3 forums for any N55 AP - All V3 N55 APs are the same and compatible with the X5 35i - BUT CALL COBB FIRST with your VIN to make sure that your VIN is supported. They only support up to some early 2012 models.
3) The boost is part of the map. If you have a low boost map, then yes. I like it because I can select a valet map or anti-theft map if I like, then I can lock the AP away. That being said, for driving, I have a single map which has boost as a map parameter that varies according to other variables. The cool thing is, the ECU is always 100% in control. It's the safest you can get.