View Single Post
      05-05-2016, 01:22 PM   #9
LeoBurr
6MT Fanatic
Rep
Drives: 20 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklynjoker View Post
Stock 9psi to 17psi sounds AMAZING. But I think it's unsafe for long term. Maybe 9 to 13,14psi, but shiiit if the n55 can handle 17psi sign me up. It's kinda scary tho that's a big gain

And is 9psi really the stock level?
Boost tapers at higher RPMs, and I'm not running a lot of timing. Most of the aggressive N55 tunes are running 19PSI, which is where the stock turbo's efficiency falls off a cliff. Since I plan on keeping the car long-term, we dialed it back to 17PSI. The engine/stock turbo is more than fine at 17PSI. Nothing scary about it.

The car was tuned by Cobb Tuning's best tuner, out of Plano on their Mustang dyno - This wasn't an inexperienced no-name shop, mail-in tune or a piggyback.

The car's also putting down those numbers with 95k miles on the clock after a fresh intake cleaning, new plugs, and all new fluids.

They've tuned lots of N55s at Cobb. Mine was the first X5 35i though. So far, loving the hell out of it. But, I've got a charge pipe leak that rears its head at higher RPMs now. ER CP just arrived in the mail today and is going on with a set of Koni FSDs.

Here's my 0-60 with just romping on it, manually shifting at 5800-6200. No brake launching or anything, just sport mode and romping on it, hence the terrible 60ft.
Attached Images

Last edited by LeoBurr; 05-05-2016 at 01:30 PM..
Appreciate 0