View Single Post
      04-03-2016, 01:08 AM   #1
LeoBurr
6MT Fanatic
Rep
Drives: 20 M2C

Just had my '11 X5 35i tuned at Cobb Tuning

I've been fixing up the car since I got it. New water pump/thermostat, oil filter housing gasket, oil pan gasket, plugs, new Zimmerman/Textar brakes all around - Koni FSDs are en route. After taking care of the major stuff, time for a bit of fun. I've got no mods - running completely stock on about 93k miles. Went down to Cobb Tuning in Plano after picking up an AccessPort V3. The OTS map was a little better than stock, but nothing to write home about. They explained to me that the OTS map is still running the stock ~9PSI.

They tuned me for 17PSI conservatively. On the drive in, I averaged about 20MPG. On the drive back, doing the same speed, I got 23.5. Very happy all around, and decent power out of the N55, especially considering AWD power losses.

Not going to start a tuning war - Just showing that there's plenty of power left on the table even in stock form, and how a good dyno tune can bring out a bit of that extra performance without having to go straight to bolt-ons, especially if you're going for a compromise vehicle like I am (good performance/good economy). Cheers!
Attached Images