View Single Post
      12-20-2012, 08:24 AM   #1
evanevery
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: iXM60, i8 Rdstr, M4, i7 M70

2013 X6M Wiper Auto Freeze Prevention?

OK - Sanity check...

Had the first snow on my X6M a couple of days ago. It was dry when I drove in to work and when I came out there was about a half inch of snow on the car. When I got inside, I noted that the wipers were now rotated about half way through the full arc on the windshield. I know I didn't leave the car this way. (I never would, and I'm not sure its even possible to turn off the X6M and have the wipers just suddenly stop). In any case, I didn't even use the wipers that morning.

I searched the owners manual to see if there is some sort of preemptive auto rotation of the wiper blades if there is an environmental possibility of them freezing in the retracted position. I could find no reference to this anywhere. I also called the dealer and they had no idea. I expect this is probably by design as it would be easier to unfreeze them if they were in the middle of the windshield where the defroster had better heat distribution.

Anyone seen this before or have any idea where it may be documented? I'm fairly certain it was not due to any Christmas elves (or gremlins)...
Appreciate 0