View Single Post
      05-03-2016, 11:54 PM   #53
Deftronix
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 12 X5d & 20 X7 M50i

Hey Saleen - Could you do me a favor and post close-up pics below the skirts? I would like to see how they aligned them. Whether its the same alignment used on the skirts the trim were meant to be mounted to or if they pulled them out for better alignment. Do you happen to know if they ended up cutting off the alignment nipples on the top edge of the trim and just used the 10 c-clip/bolts + mount tape to secure or did they drill holes for the nipples too (absolutely no room for error)?

I am working on making a template right now off the side skirts that the trim were meant to be mounted to(w/holes already drilled) but this will get interesting due to the curved surfaces. Built up a couple layers of painters tape over the whole surface, punched holes and marked for alignment grooves at the edge so I can properly align the template when transferred to the other piece. Layering it up should make it transferable without stretching or distorting but the slightly different curve could prove to be a disaster. Which is why I am leaning towards cutting the nipples off the trim and just using all the other mount points instead which will allow me to have a little more wiggle room without the risk of having an exposed hole on running board due to a very slight misalignment. Thoughts?

Anyone have recommendations for making a better template? Sorry for the long winded post.

Last edited by Deftronix; 05-04-2016 at 12:07 AM..
Appreciate 0