View Single Post
      12-10-2012, 02:32 PM   #12
RaTeD ///M
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2K13 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimshorts View Post
Interesting... does their tune increase the rpm when using launch control?

The only thing keeping me from 11s on pump gas is my launch. My track has terrible prep and my best 60ft is a 1.83. The renntech record holder for 91 and I'm guessing a race tune have hit 1.6xx 60fts which are crazy. They either had great track prep or they are raising the rpms with their launch control. This scares me at the same time because I've heard of axels snapping trying to launch these monsters.

I'm curious if the tune only velos truck is bone stock besides the tune. I'm planning on getting rid of my oem tires and wheels in the spring and going light weight to shed some more weight. I weighed my truck with me in it at the track and it was 5500 on the nose. Should drop a little more time with the weight savings. Those run flats are heavy as hell.
To my understanding it was stock on stock rims and tires and it was customer's vehicle. I believe you would be able to increase the LC but it would be at your own risk. I noticed PP Performance raised it to 3K rpm LC.

In addition, I believe renntech ran at a track with negative DA and cool weather with good track prep I don't know if that was on pump or race gas for their 11.99@114 pass.

I pulled a 1.77 60ft hopefully I'll do better next time out with tune, DP and drop ins.
Appreciate 0