Thread: How do you tip?
View Single Post
      04-11-2016, 03:35 AM   #79
logicc
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335i

I hate the idea of tipping altogether unless it's being treated as an actual tip as in, "wow you did more than just your job and I truly had an above average experience here." I have numerous friends who are in the service industry and different restaurants who complain about people who don't tip and that hurts their bottom line. Mind you from some of these same people I've heard how if they screwed up an order they'll blame it on the kitchen when talking to the customer in order to avoid hurting their chance at a good tip.

To many people have complained at me when I've had, in my eyes, bad service and refused to tip. Some of these people being ex-employee's in the service industry and trying to get my to sympathize. While I'm sure it makes me sound heartless, and I swear I'm not, from what I can gather some of these people are just ignorant/stupid and in my eyes deserve the salary they get.

From what I've read from multiple sites nicely summed up here (actually follow the references before calling bs, references are there for a reason people):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tipped..._United_States
these people should be making minimum wage regardless. Something I've tried to explain to my friends who have these types of jobs. I'm quite willing to have an educated conversation with these people about the matter. But too often these same people respond with, "idk why I get paid the way I do/I don't understand how it works attitudes." So to me at the end of the day if you salary doesn't mean s*** to you then it certainly doesn't me s*** to me either.
Appreciate 0