Thread: How do you tip?
View Single Post
      04-11-2016, 12:07 AM   #76
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794

Plenty of people talk about the reasons that you should tip your servers appropriately for their benefit, but I want to talk about how you should tip appropriately for your own benefit. You want over the moon service? Don't just expect it, pay for it. I usually go to the same few restaurants and everyone who works at them knows me because I tip well. At one of them the bartenders know all three of my cars and my drink is usually sitting on the bar at my usual seat when I walk through the door. They'll give me free food and drinks sometimes (It's often cheaper tipping 30% than not tipping at all when this happens) and the waitstaff will come chat with me when the place isn't busy. I've been invited to movies, to go drinking, to shoot pool, fishing and so on. And I always get outstanding service, not just from the bartender or my server, from everyone. Let them know that you appreciate the time and effort they are giving and they will let you know how much they appreciate you, guaranteed.
Appreciate 0