View Single Post
      10-10-2009, 05:10 PM   #20
Brutal Groceries
Rep
Drives: X5 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CIZHP View Post
I see you own an X5 M. If you think this (after 1:05) is boring as f*ck, you either have serious hearing issues or are only resistant to the criticism.

http://www.youtube.com/user/PencilGe.../8/qji3i0rUzvE

I have driven an M3 sedan with 6 speed and M3 coupe with M-DCT and all I can say is the M3 sounds (and ofcourse handles) like the X5/X6 M could not even dream of.

Obviously, I am fine with X5 M being what it is since it is an SUV. My biggest issue is the next M5 becoming as boring sounding as that.
Um...... sorry, I am going by actual experience and actual hearing memory of what it sounds like from the driver's seat, and not a compressed youtube clip! And personally, for me, the X5 M sounds better than the M3! but you know what, you are going to have to drive them and decide for yourself. You tube clips do not qualify.

The M3 is a wonderful vehicle, but as I was looking for something slightly more practical, the 4 door version of the M3 simply did not have what I was looking for. I was particularly disappointed by the lack of torque at low RPM. Yes, I know that a M car is supposed to deliver the goods at high RPM, but I find that tiring. I am not into Honda VTEC style revving to get into the powerband. Some people find that exciting, I do not. I find it tiring. And boring.

The X5 M is truly the most exciting vehicle I have owned for quite some time. And it holds five people and their groceries.... in absolute comfort.
Appreciate 0