11-30-2015, 09:43 PM   #58
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaudir8fan View Post
Overall yes I'm happy with the Blackvue. I don't have a full install thread of the unit, but I put the PMP in the trunk's passenger side access panel which has a fuse box and access to the 12v power plug for tapping constant power and switched power. The main difficulty is routing the cables, but I did it around the headliner, the other solution is to route under the door's kickplate where all the factory wiring harness is. If you want to DIY this you do have to be ok with taking some trim apart, ie the D pillar trim and the liftgate trim.
Can you take a picture of where you tapped? I wanna finish the install this weekend, I assumed you'd mounted to on the drivers side closer to the battery, but the fuse box is a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroboot View Post
Also have the blackvue front and rear...I also ran the cable for the rear through the headliner vs the floor panel. It was just easier, and you still wont see it.

The hardest part actually, was getting the cable fished through the upper trunk lid after getting the panel off, and then into and through the rubber housing where other wiring is run.

I'd love to see how you both mounted the cameras AND where they enter into the headliner, trunk panels, etc before I start feeding wires.
Appreciate 0