View Single Post
      11-13-2010, 01:58 PM   #24
apw2607
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue dragon View Post
Ahh, so the retrofitters are battling it out. Patrys + Men (really dislike that guy) VS Vinzer and the bmw retrofit crew.

Either way, I'm not spending 4 grand just for a new look. I'd rather trade in my car and get something newer for not a lot more. ('11 model with the com box maybe)?
Yea. It's a tough call. I think if the price could come down some then I would go for it.

I also would like to see things like the backup camera working with the new CIC. Right now I think it's technically possible but I'm not sure if anyone has gone through the steps.

A few things are good news though. It sounds like you can use your existing satelllite receiver located in the trunk with the new CIC. This is good because it saves you having to get new fsc codes for satellite ... To enable the satellite receiver inside the CIC (if you managed to even get a hold of a north American CIC !)

The funny thing about all this is ... In a short time the new CIC idrive will be yesterday's news as the next generation (whatever that is) will come along and we will all be saying the current CIC is old "skool"

It sounds like BMWs and other car manufactures have finally realized that they need to provide easier ways of enabling new capabilities and features with existing systems and hardware. Even allowing customers to do the upgrades or push upgrades to the car via mobile communications.

I'm sure it won't be long before you step into your car and you get a message to say it requires a firmware update :-)

Last edited by apw2607; 11-13-2010 at 02:06 PM..
Appreciate 0