05-27-2017, 11:45 AM   #56
cjb762
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is, MG 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
All this hating on Hondas. I've never been behind the wheel of one that wasn't at least mildly entertaining. My parent's old Accord V6 was surprisingly powerful. My first gen Fit was a total hoot in the twisties and offramps. My wife's CRV is taut and precise (and underpowered). Sorry folks, but in my experience if you want a dead stick you have to go Toyota. Or American.
Not hating on Hondas at all here, but we have a Honda CRV and a Mazda CX5, and the Mazda is lightyears ahead of the Honda in pretty much every driving category, and I really like the Honda. The Mazda's engine is fantastic - free reving and hard pulling, and the automatic transmission is sincerely the best automatic transmission I have used. It is way better, for example, than the one in my 2007 E90 - no lag, no hesitation, when you put your foot in it, it goes. The Mazda actually feels light and nimble through corners too, and it is really fun to push it. With the Honda, I get a lot of torque steer and understeer. Both are all wheel drive.

Anyone thinking about a small SUV is really doing themselves a disservice if they don't at least take a Mazda CX5 for a test drive.

Last edited by cjb762; 05-28-2017 at 11:37 AM..
Appreciate 0