03-07-2015, 10:23 AM   #32
jacobpdx
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5M

Garage List
2011 BMW X5M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by X5-AL View Post
How about sheer ride quality. I test drove a 4.8i 2007 with the run flat duelers and I could feel everything on the road. It really rode like sh%t. Was this everyone else's experience? Are there any decent ride quality run flats or do we have to go non-run flat and if so which all seasons do people like best on these?

Thanks,

Al
I think impression of ride quality is really a product of experience. I'd driven a 350z with Potenza RE040s or similar tires for the last 11 years, and had read how "harsh" the sport suspension on X5s was, and how poor the ride quality of the run flat tires is.

I recently bought an X5M and I wouldn't consider the suspension harsh at all, and if it were more compliant I would be disappointed in poor feedback/road feel. Regarding the tires my only complaint with the run flats is the weight (also the noise though it could just be the tire size).

Anyway, I'll be watching this thread closely as I'm also looking to replace the Duelers with a high performance summer tire (snow tires for winter) as I have no need for the middle of the road all season stockers.
Appreciate 0