View Single Post
      12-30-2012, 03:41 PM   #1
jvilla52
Rep
Drives: 2008 IB/Sl/CF M3

Need detailed picture of hitch install from below the bumper

I posted this on another thread but decided I might get a better response with a new thread.

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on either an X6 50i or a Cayenne GTS and need to make a decision by Monday. I think the two are very comparable except for one thing. The Cayenne I'm looking at has a factory hitch on it, no problems there. The X6 on the other hand has that big cover under the bumper right where the hitch would need to come out from under the car. I've seen the photos on this site of hitches on the X6 & X6M's and some show a removable plate for that purpose but when I look at the pictures on BMW's website it shows a solid piece there. Does anyone have a clear picture taken from below the bumper of their hitch installation on a late model X6, non M?

I presently have an X5 with an Execuhitch, http://execuhitch.com/tow-hitches/ on it and really love how it's hidden but the guys at Execuhitch showed me a picture of how the unit would look with the X6 and they had to cut a really ugly non symmetrical whole in the pan, not pretty at all.

I can go with either vehicle but I prefer the X6 if I can make this hitch thing work out to my satisfaction. TIA
Appreciate 0