View Single Post
      01-09-2013, 06:47 PM   #6
ek1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkkkker View Post
EK dont jump to conclusions. I had the same experience with my 2012 X5M and thought the same thing Why would someone want to rip the tow cover. The dealer convinced me that the covers are prone to "fall off' and replaced it with two new covers (one as a spare for the "next time") and both were painted to match the truck color. No charge. My rig had 15k. Check with your SA and point out there are no marks indicating forced removal of the cover. Good luck!
Granted, this may be a random act of God, but there are several reasons that make me think otherwise. First, I live in NYC, where most (and I do mean MOST) people have no respect for other people's property and engage in theft and vandalism at will. Second, I have no less than 4 people that own late model X vehicles (a 2012 X5, two 2011 X5s and a 2011 X6) and their tow hook covers never fell out.

I do appreciate your tip though. I am shocked that your BMW dealer actually did something for free though, especially since it involves both parts and labor. I will try to call the dealership and use the same theory (i.e. it fell out because if was poorly designed and prone to falling off). I am not holding my breath, so lets see what happens.
Appreciate 0