View Single Post
      12-28-2011, 08:58 AM   #11
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Good morning all, I can see that this is an old thread, but I had to bring it up because it has been brought to attention again today so I did the search and this came up. maybe someone has more current information regarding this matter.

I dropped my 2009 X6 off for service today and picked up my loaner car. Today my loaner is a 2011 535i...(nice car by the way) and the last loaner i had was a 335i coupe, not sure of the year model because that was back in spring 2011. I noticed that both of the above mentioned loaner cars have/had ambient lighting strips that run along the length of the interior of all of the doors as well as the two orange LEDs that can be found by the SOS button/map lights.

My question is does anyone here own an X6 that has the ambient light strips that run along the length of the interior of all four doors? My X6 does in fact have the two LEDs that shine from the SOS button/map light area but I do not have those lighting strips under the door trim like the loaners i have gotten. i think this is a nice feature that I obviously missed out on, but I would like to know for when I go for my upgrade sooner or later. Thanks guys.