04-08-2024, 06:21 PM   #2
andreu12qw
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 335i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by filhotran View Post
I am interested in buying brass pin bushing kit for my car and have a few questions.
1. My car is a daily, is this something that will be appropriate for street cars or is it only for track cars? I messaged BimmerWorld and they did not reccomend this for street cars.
2. If it is appropriate for street car, is regressing and maintenance every brake pad change frequent enough to prevent binding, or do I need to check it more often.
3. The BimmerWorld and FCP kits have no dust caps and the ECS/Turner kits have dust caps, but are $50 more expensive. Are dust caps necessary or can I save some money?
Thank you for reading
1. I bought the ECS kit in 2016 and have had them on my car since. It is my daily and track the car once or twice a year. I service the pins once a year and have been just fine.
2. I have serviced, for the most part, once a year but there have been some stretches of time that have surpassed 12 months. no real issues yet.
3. get a kit with dust caps. That is probably why BW does not suggest for daily driven cars. Your factory sleeves have dust caps as well. Having the dust caps is another reason why I did not worry too much about installing these on a DD.
Appreciate 0