03-22-2017, 12:15 AM   #16
jandref321
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneca View Post
good stuff
truck looks clean, gotta love Hawaii weather!
nice to see that such a inspirational car went to good hands!
Thanks, I'm glad I could take her in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpie89 View Post
Great write up! I think catless downpipes with stock exhaust is the best of both worlds. Cold start is loud, but in regular driving mode you would never know the exhaust is modified. Hit the M button and all of the sudden the sound is transformed to a deep, throaty note all the way through the RPM band.

Regarding the drop. I currently have H&R 1.2's and while I love the look, the ride can be slightly stiff on uneven pavement and going over speed bumps. Would be interested to see how much the Dinan kit will actually drop if you go with it. I was thinking about switching but there is not much info or reviews of this setup unfortunately. There was an older kit pre-2014 that came with new top shock mounts. This drop is rated for .75" drop but the consensus was that it settled at an inch. The newer kit offers just the springs and the rear links only but there is an optional supplemental ride quality and handling kit which is basically just shorter bump stops for another $215. (Are shorter bump stops necessary?) There are only 1 or 2 reviews with the newer kit and they both said the drop was only .75" all said and done. Not sure if that is enough...

Also - Can you take measurements from ground to fender on all 4 corners and post them? I forgot to take measurements before I dropped mine and I would like to know how much I actually came down. I'm at 29.75" from ground to fender in the front and 30.75" in the rear on the 1.2" kit.
The sound of catless is definitely nice with the stock exhaust. I was a little disappointed at first with the heat shield removed as I thought it sounded like a turbo diesel F-350 or something when spooling, but the sound has grown on me. I'm eager to see how it sounds after removing the resonators and installing the cats. I'm not sure I'd want to run other exhaust mods if it gets too loud and unrefined.

I've read that the Dinan bump stops are just OE ones cut down 10mm. I'm not sure I'd want to destroy my bump stops so when I get to that point I'll have to make a decision of whether and additional $250 is worth precut bump stops. I'd like to lower the car for better stance and remove some gap above the wheels but I still want the EDC and I do not want the truck too low...I enjoy the fact that it still has ground clearance to miss the parking stops and I think I clear my driveway by about .75" also so I'd still need to be careful pulling in and out...1.2" would be a no-go.

I measured all four corners and came out with 31.5" on both fronts and 31.75 driver rear and 31.25 passenger rear. I started the truck to see if the height difference corrected, but it did not. I'm not sure if this is a spring issue, alignment, or BMW accounted for my bum in the driver seat. I've read it could be the level sensor also? I suppose springs are preventative maintenance anyway at 60k miles?

2020 G01 X3 30e CURRENT M Sport Package
2019 Ford Raptor SuperCrew CURRENT 802A, KN Drop-in, RB Flaps, Husky Well Liners
2012 E70 X5M SOLD Stg 1+ Turbos, DPs, Velos Stg 2+, JB4, Race Cats, Bavauto Coils
2003 E46 M3 SOLD aFe CAI, AP Axleback, SSK, H&R Springs, TMS CMBR Arms, PF RTABs
Appreciate 0