View Single Post
      03-21-2017, 08:32 AM   #15
dpie
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M

Great write up! I think catless downpipes with stock exhaust is the best of both worlds. Cold start is loud, but in regular driving mode you would never know the exhaust is modified. Hit the M button and all of the sudden the sound is transformed to a deep, throaty note all the way through the RPM band.

Regarding the drop. I currently have H&R 1.2's and while I love the look, the ride can be slightly stiff on uneven pavement and going over speed bumps. Would be interested to see how much the Dinan kit will actually drop if you go with it. I was thinking about switching but there is not much info or reviews of this setup unfortunately. There was an older kit pre-2014 that came with new top shock mounts. This drop is rated for .75" drop but the consensus was that it settled at an inch. The newer kit offers just the springs and the rear links only but there is an optional supplemental ride quality and handling kit which is basically just shorter bump stops for another $215. (Are shorter bump stops necessary?) There are only 1 or 2 reviews with the newer kit and they both said the drop was only .75" all said and done. Not sure if that is enough...

Also - Can you take measurements from ground to fender on all 4 corners and post them? I forgot to take measurements before I dropped mine and I would like to know how much I actually came down. I'm at 29.75" from ground to fender in the front and 30.75" in the rear on the 1.2" kit.
Appreciate 0