08-08-2015, 01:05 AM   #126
RADRACR
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 Z4 M Coupé // '09 X5 d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
After toiling with this decision, I've decided to do the curt hitch with BMW OEM harness.

I just want to confirm, that the BMW OEM harness' physical install is simply plug and play, correct? (I'm aware I have to do additional programming afterwards)
It's not as fast as "plug in here and you're done" but if you can read and understand English, you can DIY using the PDF mentioned earlier. No technical knowledge required. Nothing special or confusing about the fuse box. Note that there is one wire that is hidden by tape. You'll know it when you get to it.

Quote:
Is it possible to install the harness after the hitch is installed and the bumper is back on the car?
The guy above me says yes, but I say no. Especially if your X5 is equipped with Comfort Access, as you need to integrate those wires into the harness. If it is possible, it must be 99% easier with the bumper off.
'08 Z4 ///M Coupé (#1765/1815) — 1 of 68 Sepang Bronze / Black Nappa / Madeira Wood / 1 of 1 this combo
19" Advan RS / AP Racing / Bridgestone RE-11 / Autosolutions SSK / R.E. Diablo / R.E. trans mounts
'09 X5 35dSpace Grey / Saddle Brown
20" Forgestar F14 / SCR Delete
Appreciate 0