View Single Post
      05-31-2017, 06:42 AM   #30
oil_burner
California Diesel Guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' x5 35d

[QUOTE=jandref321;21759580]The fiberglass should be fine up to 700 degrees F...It was the resin last time. I have the good stuff but still haven't had time to mess with it at all. Been busy trying to fix the wife's car.

There are a couple things though: I bought a used P3 Gauge from a user on here and installed last week. Very happy to have it!

The blue beast, whom I have affectionately named Katara, is in the shop now. I've had some misfire issues that I believe are from the injectors they didn't replace last time. The problem is that they won't fix that until I replace the slightly leaking turbo coolant lines. Somehow the $50 DIY with silicon hoses is $1400 at BMW. They have had it for a week and gave me a loaner so not sure how to say "I'll do it myself." CPO not as good as advertised...The dealer is pretty good though. Hopefully I'll get it back on Tuesday and be able to turn it around for a fix later.[/QUOTE
Damn...1400$ for two $50 hoses? Must be a hell of a lot of labor involved. But then again Imagine if this was a Mercedes. Would probably have been 3 grand. Oh, and that gauge looks sick!
Appreciate 0