03-13-2008, 02:16 PM   #9
Steved
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CSL, AMG ML63, B7 RS4 Avant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Marvelous View Post
Thanks for the impressions but actually I was trying to learn about the seats, not the sitting height.

You know in coupe's your knees and feet are like straight and parralel to tge ground, because of the low seating position...

are the seat positions low like a coupe or not? I know the car is high above the ground than a coupe, but do you feel like sitting in a coupe or a SUV?

I remember Chris bangle saying something about the feel of this car and the sitting position in a video; thats what I'm trying to justify =)
When I sat in it last week, it felt like a more intimate X5, not smaller, just more personal and less functional. The impression I got in the front seat was of a more reclined windscreen, however it is the same windscreen inclination as the X5. It certainly feels different to sit in the front than the X5 and when looking back it doesn't feel like you're driving a load carrier.

I was actually fine in the rear seats. Dare I say that it may depend on the size of your rear-end? I am slim and just over 6ft tall and when I sat in the rear I had four-fingers of room above my head. This is about the same as a 5-series sedan and more than in a 3-series sedan, but around 2 fingers less than an X3 or X5.

Ok, maybe I need to photograph my fingers so you know how much that is..

I agree with everything else that Suzie's Dad says, its a stunning looking car and I'm very glad I'm only 10 weeks away from getting my own.
Appreciate 0