View Single Post
      05-23-2016, 04:54 AM   #80
imy
Captain
Rep
Drives: M140i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
Agreed. But, I've told my United friends, who cares if he's only there for a few years if he can win you trophies? Football is so completely different now because of the foreign owners and all the money. Can't win within 2 seasons, you're sacked. Look at what Watford did to Flores. They played some excited football this season, just lacked some key players to finish higher. I don't agree with it, but there's no loyalty to players or coaches anymore. That's why the players don't have any either.
I agree with your sentiment but Mourinho is not a United manager, most Utd fans are unhappy with his appointment. He has a 3yr shelf life before fall outs with players etc means he leaves in controversy. Tactically he is a master of finding a goal and then parking the bus rather than all out attack, as was the theme under Ferguson.
Would you rather win trophies and not be very exciting to watch, play mundane football or would you rather play wonderful football, a joy to watch but not win anything... that's the conundrum because for yrs Utd did both.
Teams like Utd and Arsenal follow a different structure to other teams where 1 man has controlled top to bottom. That's why they will struggle the most to replace their managers.

Watfords main aim was to avoid relegation. But, just like Swansea last season, they had a few good performances and all of a sudden expectations shot through the roof, reality was lost. They did superb because of Flores who is a very manager, his replacement I think will make them favourites fo the drop next season.

07 E90 335i: JB4, Trebila BEF, BMS DCI, VRSF DPs, Scoops, 19" CSL Reps, 5" ETS FMIC, VTT Inlets, BMS CP, HKS BOV, BMS Meth Injection - sold
Appreciate 0