ep224
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 AWoSO

alignment - X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAX5 View Post

Follow these two rules:

Toe (front and rear): close to zero, but not zero. About 0.02 max.

Camber (rear): symmetrical and in center.

Let me know if you you want a visual, showing the actual measurements.
Hi-Jacking this thread a bit since the title is alignment and there was some decent tech info (opinion) shared here...

I would like to pick your brain more, pax5... I have a 2012 X5M and dropped it at the dealer tonight to have it aligned tomorrow. It just had the H&R springs removed and brand new MPSS put on so I wanted to make sure it was done right - and more importantly that I could return and have it done right if not. I have used a local specialty shop on my 08 X5 Sport in the past and they aligned that with minimal negative camber and based on tire life did a great job. I got 47k out of the fronts on that and 24k out of each set of rears - Michelins but not SS. 275/315 setup so no rotating. funny thing was that I wore the CRAP out of the centers on the rears - BOTH sets - even though I noticed it happening and ran lower pressure every time I thought about it. even still, wore the second set out exactly the same way - see pic. other than pressure - WTF would cause a tire to wear like this in the center?!!

and ultimately - what should I tell the dealer I want the alignment spec'd to tomorrow?!! I don't track it and don't drive around town like i'm at the track however I do a TON of long hours highway driving and well, let's just say... at high speeds. so my biggest concern would be straight driving at high speed and tire life/wear.

thanks for your advice/experience...
Attached Images

Last edited by ep224; 10-25-2016 at 10:25 PM..
Appreciate 0