View Single Post
      10-01-2014, 08:00 PM   #77
particulardude
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: LR4 | L405 SC SWB

Just read through the whole thread and I'm leaning towards going w/ the Continental DWS all seasons this winter.

I barely made it through last winter here in Chicago on the stock Dueler H/Ps - it was a dumb decision. Worthless - completely worthless and immobilized on tiny inclines at low speeds on packed snow. Did I mentioned they were worthless? Remind me to bitch about how this truck came w/ heated rear seats and BMW preaches about all their safety features but still sell trucks w/ summer tires and cold weather package in cold climates. All seasons should accompany the cold weather package imo.

So lesson learned. However, I refuse to do a square setup. One of my absolute favorite features of the MSport is the staggered setup. Those fat rears are just amazing. So with that said I'm willing to sacrifice absolute pure performance to keep the "look". Before anyone flames me about it, yes I know that the all seasons are not the best option either. I'm not in Canada, or Colorado, just downtown Chicago and maybe one trip to Northern Michigan so I think I should be good w/ all seasons.

Any strong opinions that I should fork out the additional $500 a get the Pirelli Ice & Snow run flats? Will I have to mess around w/ the speedo on the non run flat Contis?

I'm swapping whatever I go with onto the wheels I've got, no second set of wheels.

Instagram@particulardude
Appreciate 0