07-15-2009, 09:53 AM   #34
dimitrik
Private
France
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [0.00]
Hey guys just wanted to chime in with some info. Over here in France the system works fine. I have travelled to the UK and Italy with my X6 and I didn't have any problems using the system.

My guess is BMW has a contract with T-Mobile as someone mentioned and they have a roaming agreement for some European countries but not all. One thng I do remember is I signed a contract when I bought my X6 but that was to activate the Telematics.

In order to activate the BMW Connected Drive, I had to go to BMW's Connected Drive website and register. It asks you for your chasis number and all your personal info. After about 48hrs I received a message saying my account had been activated and all the systems on the car started working. Before that I kept on getting a message on the iDrive saying it was unable to activate the services.

I highly doubt you can put in your own sim even if you know where it goes. Best bet might be to contact BMW in Germany and see when they plan to roll out the service in your particular country.

D
Appreciate 0